At Mackay Christian College, staff should acknowledge that they serve the Lord Jesus Christ, primarily, and should view a position here as a ministry.
Teaching staff should be able to recognise that they have a ministry of teaching. (To be a successful Christian school teacher, there must be a confidence that God has called the teacher to the ministry of teaching and to exercise that gifting within Mackay Christian College.)
Criteria used in the selection of teaching staff include:
- evidence of a Christian commitment
- testimony to Christian commitment from your Pastor
- testimony to character from at least one other source
- appropriate academic qualifications
- indication of a Biblical philosophy of education
For experienced teachers, clear evidence of a successful teaching career and familiarity with their own curriculum area.
In addition to supplying the normal supporting documentation for an application for a teaching position, applicants are also asked to provide the following further information:
- personal testimony of Christian experience
- a brief statement of education philosophy
- anything further that could support the application in the light of the above criteria
Positions Available/ Role Descriptions
Complete an Online Application Form (below)
- EMAIL/FAX/POST A CURRENT CV
Provide us with a copy of your current CV along with any requested supporting information and documents by email, fax or post within 7 (seven) days of completing the Online Application Form.
- WE WILL CONTACT YOU
Mackay Christian College will contact you by telephone or email regarding your application for advertised positions.
Online Application Forms