Lloyd Averill Resource Centre
The Lloyd Averill Resource Centre is an active learning environment used by staff, students and parents of our Senior College, and was officially opened in 2005.
The atmosphere of the Library is inclusive and welcoming. The Library staff, who share a love of books and learning, are happy to help students and staff find just the resource they are looking for!
It provides a diverse combination of printed, electronic and multi-media resources, as well facilities for study and recreation, and is available to every student, from Year 6 to Year 12.
The Library is open to all staff, students and parents at Mackay Christian College. Opening times are 8.30am-4.00pm (Monday) 8.00am-4.00pm Tuesday to Friday.
Library staff work collaboratively with teaching staff to provide access to print and electronic resources. These resources support both the curriculum and personal literary enjoyment.
We have a comprehensive collection and our computer banks access our own collection and the wider research material available over the Internet.
Our fiction collection is continually growing, as we add current titles and expand series favorites. Both Christian and non-Christian authors present books which are selected in keeping with the College values, or are of a literary or personal growth value.
Information books on a comprehensive range of topics are continually purchased and updated to reflect the resources needed by our college community.
The library is moving with current library trends and delivering more information electronically From the library, students can access the College computer network, including the Mackay Christian College Intranet (Portal), Virtual Classrooms, the internet, databases and some magazines.
The delivery of information in this way means that students have the opportunity to develop their research and learning skills, preparing them for future study at a higher educational level, and also for life in an increasingly digital community.
The library also houses several laptop trolleys which can be accessed by classes throughout the college.
- A computer lab and study carrels are available before and after school and in break times for students to research and work on assignments and projects.
- Games such as chess are available for students to play at lunchtimes.
- Tutoring is available for English and Maths two afternoons each week, after school.
- Printing from the library computers is available to students on a user pays basis.
- Displays and special events held in the Library to promote themes, authors, special days etc are motivating and fun for students.
- Text books, Calculators and class novels are available for loan through the library.
- ClickView is a digital learning platform that enables teachers to structure and present lessons in a dynamic and engaging way to students, is maintained and added from the library.