Outside School Hours Care
Welcome to the Mackay Christian College Outside School Hours Care (OSHCare) program. Thank you for taking an interest in our program, I know that you and your children will really enjoy your time with us.
MCC OSHCare is designed to provide a caring, safe and fun environment for your children (Pre-Prep to Year 12) where they can learn through play and social interaction. Our Centre is structured around the government-designed frameworks for Early Childhood and School Age Care. MCC OSHCare harnesses the ethos of the College providing quality child care in a Christian environment. Our goal is to provide children a place where they feel valued as unique individuals, and their talents and interests are developed in a fun and relaxing environment.
Our program will include children of many ages and will be split into younger and older groups according to demand. Age groups will be clarified for you before the commencement of Term 1.
All our services are Child Care Benefit and Rebate approved. Please see the family handbook for more information on what these are. Before commencing any OSHCare program it is the responsibility of the family to make the appropriate arrangements with Centerlink regarding this funding. You may also choose to have your CCR payments ‘paid to service’ through Centerlink and we will receive these payments directly and you will only ever be invoiced the ‘gap’ amount.
Session Times & Fees (per session)
Before School Care Runs: 6.00 am – 8.20 am and costs $13 per session*
- A nutritious Breakfast and range of fun activities are provided. Children are signed into their classes (Pre-Prep & Prep). Movement to and from King’s Park Campus will be arranged for children in Year 6-12.
After School Care Runs: 3.00 pm – 6.00 pm and costs $17 per session*
- Children are signed out of their classes (Pre-Prep & Prep) or meet staff at specified meeting areas (Year 1-5). Movement to and from King’s Park Campus will be arranged for children in Year 6-12. A nutritious afternoon tea and a range of fun activities will be provided.
Vacation Care Runs: 7.30 am – 5.30 pm and costs $40 per session*
- Detailed information about our fun filled program will be available one month prior to the Term break.
* Daily fees may be lower depending on your CCB and/or CCR return.
Extra Fees & Costs
Excursions & incursions:
- These usually only occur over the Term break and require extra costs. These will be clearly specified on the program and can be paid on the day or added to your account.
Late pick up fees:
- Late pick-ups are upsetting for your child/ren and stressful for all staff. If there is an emergency and you are unable to collect your child on time, please contact the Coordinator on the above number. If your child is not collected by the end of the session times a late fee of $5.00 is charged for every 5 minutes or part thereof. If a child is not collected by 6.30pm and emergency contacts cannot be reached, the Coordinator will contact the police to collect the children who are still at MCC OSHCare. If you are continually late on a regular basis to pick up your children, you will be charged an extra fee to cover the cost of staff wages, at our discretion.
Late invoice payment:
- Fees may apply (see family information booklet).
Bookings & Enrolments
Bookings can only be made by the parent/guardian authorised on the child/ren’s enrolment form. Families will be charged for these bookings even if their child does not attend the service on the booked day for any reason. A minimum of one week’s notice is required for any changes or cancelations.
Invoicing & Payment Options
Invoices will be mailed or emailed (if specified on enrolment form) to the authorized account holder on a fortnightly basis. Bank account details are printed on the statement and any direct deposits must be clearly identified with the ‘family name’ and ‘OSHCare’ as this is a joint account with the school. Other payment options include credit card payments or direct debit, EFTPOS or cash at the reception offices of either Providence or Kings Park between the hours of 8am-4pm.
When you choose to stop using the services of OSHCare we request that your account be paid in full within 31 days of the last date that your child/ren used the facilities.
Once we have processed your enrolment you will be called for a brief orientation. In this time you will be provided with a family handbook covering some important policies for MCC OSHCare and where necessary will be given a tour of our facility. This also provides an opportunity for you to meet me and ask any questions you may have regarding our service.